America Is No Longer Great
Our Country is in a downfall
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE:
I heard those words from a sitcom last week and after serious reflection, I felt they rang so true. What guarantees that those words are so true is a hope that this article will awaken a desire to bring on change in our behavior so we can reverse a trend that has and right now describes a country in slow downward spiral.
- We no longer represent the standard for education in the world.
- Recently released data from international math and science assessments indicate that U.S. students continue to rank around the middle of the pack, and behind many other advanced industrial nations
- The PSIA international report has the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science.
- Our score ranks below countries that in the early 50’s and 60’s we fought desperately to bring democracy.
- Vietnam, Korea
- Our math scores are the lowest among developing and recently developed countries in the world
- The very sad analysis is our current and recent past governmental efforts to bring these standards up has failed miserably and our educational priorities have not even barely reached the top 10 for priorities. Are we so deaf that it’s not understood the promise of a quality education for all benefits the whole.
- Solution: Make education a national disaster that must be repaired at all cost because if we fail our standard of living will surely decline even for the top one percent.
SCHOOLS TO PRISON:
- The United States ranks first in prison population.
- Private prison companies stocks are now being traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Our new Attorney General has brought back private prison companies and their stocks are soaring
- School dropout rates are the highest in the developing world.
- We are currently building new prisons faster than new school.
- Solution: Understand that one day those you lockup will return to become your worst headache. They will be the poison in our daily lifestyle. The creatures you are creating will certainly bite back.
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
- Those words no longer mean anything to those who just recently came to this country less than 100 years ago. Their fore-parents crossed through Ellis Island tired, poor and yearning to be free.
- News Flash people, you are the foreigners, the refugees, and illegal aliens that you yearn to deport.